Insurance: Why I don't take insurance
- Many years ago I departed from the traditional "diagnosis and treatment" model of psychotherapy. Through my life and work experiences I have come to see that a soulful, rather than a simply psychological perspective is required to understand the depth, richness, and mystery of our human journey.
- My more radical approach, which blends psychology and spirituality, is very effective in awakening people to the joy of their true nature. I am opposed to labeling people with "diagnostic codes" and squeezing the sacred process of healing into treatment "procedures".
- Being an independent practitioner, I am beholden only to you to address your needs, and not to insurance companies attempting to limit your treatment.
- Your confidentiality is protected. Once your diagnosis is in the computer system, as happens with insurance companies, it may follow you around and compromise your privacy.
- By being outside the umbrella of mainstream psychology I can utilize powerful techniques from the great spiritual traditions that have been exploring human consciousness for thousands of years.
- My sliding scale insures that budget issues don't become an obstruction to therapy.
Cash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment.
If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not notified us at least 24 hours in advance, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Request a therapy appointment online here.
Questions? Please contact me for further information.